“New Places to Grow” is the theme of the 2017 Schoolyard Gardens Conference, set for Friday, March 3, at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum in Chaska, MN. Held from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., sessions include the following:
- Ten Plants that Changed Minnesota
- Making Year-Round School Gardens Work
- Special Needs and Gardening
- Sustaining a School Garden through Collaboration and Student “Ownership”
- The Perfect Prairie Partnership
Whether you are a beginner or schoolyard garden veteran, join educators, school administrators, gardeners, and community members to learn innovative strategies to sustain and engage diverse learners in thriving schoolyard gardens.
This annual event is sponsored by the arboretum and the University of Minnesota Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program, in collaboration with the Minnesota Schoolyard Gardens Coalition. Register today on the conference web page: 2017 Schoolyard Gardens Conference. Financial hardship assistance may be available. Call 612-301-1210 to inquire.