Here’s news about what’s fresh on the Family Development website.
Our staff and educators have added so much great content to the Live Healthy, Live Well website that we in FD Communications spun off a section specifically for keeping an even keel and balanced budget during the holidays: Healthy Holidays.
New or revised articles include:
- Minimize Stress this Holiday Season — Make changes to how you celebrate the holidays so that you can enjoy them to the fullest.
- Holiday Spending — Develop a game plan ahead of time to avoid holiday debt.
- Cook Up a Delicious Holiday on a Budget — Plan your holiday meals to help minimize stress to your body and your budget. English | español
We extend much gratitude to Sharon Powell, Judy Myers, Heather Lee, Mary Vitcenda, and Ruth Ellis, as well as the Health and Nutrition review team for creating this content.
It’s that time of year. We dug out and dusted off the Healthy Winters section of the Live Healthy, Live Well website to address the challenges of living in Minnesota and the Upper Midwest.
- New! Minnesota's Cold Weather Rule Helps You Keep the Heat on in the Winter — Enroll in a Cold Weather Rule plan before you start struggling with your heating bill this winter.
- Staying Safe This Winter — Here’s how to dress for snow and cold temperatures, avoid slips and falls, and stay safe while you travel. English | español
- Keep Your Home Warm and Safe — Follow these simple steps to manage heating costs and ensure your family’s safety. English | español
Thanks again to Sharon Powell, Mary Vitcenda, and the Family Resiliency review team for this content.
Keep Good Company
FD enjoys great partnerships, and our website is growing to reflect that. Here are three new pages about the work FD does in partnership with other organizations to increase access to healthy foods across Minnesota:
- Minnesota Food Charter — The charter guides policymakers and community leaders in providing Minnesotans with equal access to affordable, safe, and healthy food regardless of where they live.
- Minnesota Food Charter Network: Engagement — This network supports and fosters shared action toward ensuring access to healthy foods for all. It does this by building connections and strengthening the capacity of food network leaders.
- Food Networks —This page houses research and reports about food networks, and most recently, a directory and map of these networks in Minnesota.
Many thanks to Stephanie Heim, Jamie Bain, Noelle Harden, Nicole Helgeson, Michael Brott, and Ruth Ellis for their work on these pages.