The Journal of the National Extension Association for Family and Consumer Sciences (NEAFCS) recently published an article by Extension educators in Health and Nutrition titled "Strategies Across the Spectrum: Spectrum of Prevention as a Decision-Making Tool in Extension." The authors explored use of the Spectrum of Prevention as an organizing framework for child care-related programming decisions about audience, content, objectives and evaluation, all within a context of limited resources.
- Educating professionals and policymakers about how current and potential policies impact the health of young children.
- Training providers about healthy eating and active living policies for their policy handbooks.
- Participating in the statewide Child Nutrition and Wellness Advisory Board.
- Offering trainings for child care providers and providing train-the-trainer materials.
- Providing community and individual education through social media.