Sessions, to be held from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., include the following:
- What's the buzz on pollinators?
- Growing for equity in the suburbs.
- Winter gardening in Minnesota classrooms.
- Linking the lunchroom and classroom.
- Food, farming and fun from Wolf Ridge Organic Farm in Finland, MN.
The conference will also feature a keynote address by Betti Wiggins, Executive Director, Office of School Nutrition, Detroit Public Schools. In 2011, under her leadership, organizers established the Detroit School Garden Collaborative, which currently supports 78 school-based gardens and a 4.5 acre school farm.
|Photo courtesy of Excellent Schools Detroit and DetroitMetro Parent.|
Register today on the conference web page: 2016 Schoolyard Gardens Conference.