You’re invited to participate in two upcoming Military Families Learning Network (MFLN) webinars on parenting during times of transition.
Parenting During Times of Transition Part 1 — Challenges, Opportunities, and Resources for Parents Living with PTSD
- Date/Time — Wednesday, Feb. 17, 10 a.m. Central
- Description — Few transitions impact families more than when a service member returns home with a physical or psychological wound. This webinar will provide tools and resources to help veteran parents living with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) talk about their feelings and experiences with their children.
- Presenter — Michelle Sherman, University of Minnesota
Parenting During Times of Transition Part 2 — Promoting Effective Parenting During Deployment and Reintegration
- Date/Time — Wednesday, Feb. 24, 10 a.m. Central
- Description — This webinar will feature what has been learned from the University of Minnesota ADAPT (After Deployment Adaptive Parenting Tools) Project. The presenter will identify how to best support military families coping with the stress of deployment and reintegration, with a focus on parenting skills, couple relationships, problem-solving, and effective communication.
- Presenter — Abigail Gewirtz, University of Minnesota, director of the Institute for Translational Research in Children's Mental Health and Prevention Science Program director.
Extension’s MFLN team looks forward to having you join these webinars. Please share these opportunities with colleagues you believe may be interested. You can learn more about the MFLN Family Transitions concentration area here: Family Transitions. Follow us on social media: