We have three goals:
- Match staff resources with the demands of maintaining our social media presence. We plan to both increase staff time dedicated to social media activity and decrease the number of accounts.
- Reach a larger audience. We hope to accomplish this through becoming more consistent with our account names, bringing together audiences from across FD program, and posting more regularly on existing accounts.
- Make you (staff and educators) look good. Accounts that aren’t updated according to best practices reflect poorly on us. We want to make sure people who encounter any of our social media accounts are impressed with how timely, accurate, and compelling the content we provide is.
- We are in the process of hiring a student to assist the communications team. One of his or her duties will be curating and scheduling social media posts.
- @umnextSNAPEd is now @UMNExtHN to reach a larger audience and be more inclusive of our programming.
- @UMNExtFD has the same handle, but a new display name — Live Healthy, Live Well (LHLW) — to be consistent with the LHLW website and Facebook page.
- “University of Minnesota Extension Center for Family Development” is now Live Healthy, Live Well to be consistent with the LHLW website and Facebook page.
- The Children, Youth & Family Consortium (CYFC) page will be deleted by the end of 2015. All CYFC-related posts will appear on the professionals-focused Family Education Network (FEN) page and we will encourage followers to sign up for the CYFC Monthly for more information related to CYFC topics.
- The Youth & Money page will be deleted by the end of 2015. All financial capability-related posts will appear on either the LHLW or FEN Facebook pages. We are encouraging followers to like both of those pages.
- Invest NOW: Money in Retirement page was deleted in October.
- FD Evaluation page was deleted in July.