SNAP Education is a federally funded program designed to promote healthy eating and physical activity among low-income families, especially those that are eligible for SNAP benefits. A SNAP-Ed Educator promotes and improves individual and community health by promoting healthy eating behaviors and physical activity in low-income communities. He/she is responsible for program delivery (build relationships with the community, conduct community needs assessment, analyze findings, design program to fit audience, determine and implement program delivery process, deliver/evaluate/revise program) within a wide variety of community settings in the region. In addition, she/he will utilize the full spectrum of prevention strategies, including public health approaches. Public health approaches promote policy, system and environmental changes that improve access to healthy food in order that individual behavioral change is possible. Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in health, nutrition or a closely related discipline OR a combination of related education and relevant experience totaling four (4) years.
- 1-3 years of experience in teaching, health promotion, and/or community education, to include facilitation, mentoring, coaching stakeholders, and completing reports.
- Experience working with culturally and economically diverse audiences.
- Computer skills experience or education: web-based communications and training platforms, competent keyboarding, and data entry (Microsoft).
- Valid driver's license, reliable vehicle with required liability insurance, to be utilized for frequent travel within Minnesota, infrequent travel outside Minnesota. Traveling 500 miles in a week would not be unusual.
- Ability to plan and maintain a flexible work schedule, including regular evening and weekend hours to meet time demands and/or special needs of SNAP-Ed program participants.
Several positions require that the ability to speak Spanish and a number of others are looking for experience working with Hmong and American Indian audiences. Here is a list of all positions that are currently posted. In the near future, we will be posting additional positions.
- SNAP-Ed Regional Educator, (Spanish) Hennepin County
- SNAP-Ed Regional Educator, (American Indian) Hennepin County
- SNAP-Ed Regional Educator, (Hmong) Ramsey County
- SNAP-Ed Regional Educator, (Hmong) Hennepin County
- SNAP-Ed Regional Educator, (Spanish) Nobles County
- SNAP-Ed Regional Educator, Stearns County
- SNAP-Ed Regional Educator, Crow Wing County
- SNAP-Ed Regional Educator, Cass County
- SNAP-Ed Regional Educator, Todd County
- SNAP-Ed Regional Educator, Beltrami (with American Indian Experience)
- SNAP-Ed Regional Educator, Redwood County
- SNAP-Ed Regional Educator, Polk County
- SNAP-Ed Regional Educator, Clearwater County
- SNAP-Ed Regional Educator (American Indian), Mahnomen County